My mission on county council is to serve the public with honesty and integrity, to provide essential services through an efficient and effective use of county resources, and to be accountable and accessible to the citizens of district 2 and all citizens of Oconee County.
• Work with our municipalities and rural communities to encourage economic development that provides for the creation of good paying jobs within the county.
• Provide transparency – Thoughts, feelings, and motives are easily perceived and information is accessible and open to public scrutiny.
• A citizen shouldn’t have to “know someone” to know what’s going on in their government. With the ease of technology, public business should be accessible at your fingertips.
• Customer Centered – We are here (elected and appointed officials, and department heads and staff) to put the citizens at the center and to create a positive experience.
• Empower the public through civic engagement and collaboration.
Together, we will build a better county, a county that thrives economically, while maintaining that rural small-town community feel. We deserve a clean, safe, friendly environment for our families; a place where we can work, play and raise our children. Oconee County is a great place to live. Together, we can make it even better.
The opportunity to serve the people of Oconee County is one of the greatest honors of my life. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any concerns or questions.